Welcome to the Assessment Center
We are committed to providing you with excellent student support and information you need to be successful in your academic career.
SAC Assessment Center Services:
- During the orientation, you will learn more about SAC programs and services and develop a two-semester education plan with a counselor based on your academic goal(s).
- Due to Assembly Bill 705 (AB 705) - Placement exams are no longer required for English/ESL or math/quantitative reasoning courses.
- By law, community colleges are required to use either U.S. high school grades and GPA or other multiple measures to make English/ESL and math/quantitative reasoning placement recommendations.
- If you do not have a high school transcript or studied in another country, complete the Guided Self-Placement using the following link: https://sso.comevo.com/sac/launch/1537
- Students: Discuss exam make-up options with your instructor. If it is decided that you will use the Asessement Center to take your make-up exam, schedule your exam appointment at least five (5) days in advance via the Student Exam Form.
- Instructors: For the appointment request to be complete, please submit the exam instructions via the Exam Instructions Form and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop-off (L-223) your exam no later than three (3) days before your student's appointment.
- The Chemistry Placement Exam is administered on the first Thursday of the month when school is in session at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm (on a walk-in basis).
- This placement exam is for students who wish to enroll in Chemistry 210 (General, Organic and Biochemistry) or 219 (General Chemistry) and need to bypass the prerequisite of Chemistry 209 (Introductory Chemistry).
- If you are a SAC student enrolled in an online class and need to take an in-person exam, but is unable to come to the campus because you live and/or work more than 50 miles away, email SAC Distance Education (email@example.com).
- If you are NOT a SAC student, but is experiencing similar conditions outlined above and would like to use the SAC Assessment Center as an exam proctoring site, email your request to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New Student Checklist:
- Click here to apply to Santa Ana College.
- Complete the Guided Self-Placement (if you do not have a U.S. high school transcript or studied in another country).
- Sign up for a New Student Registration Orientation with the Assessment Center.
Register and pay for classes via Self-Service.
- This orientation is for students attending college for the first time.
- If you have attempted / completed 15+ college units, do not sign up for this orientation. Instead, contact SAC General Counseling to make an appointment with a counselor.