The mission of the Criminal Justice Academies (CJA) Department is to develop and maintain strong law enforcement training partnerships within the criminal justice community. Our focus is to provide professional training opportunities for individuals attempting to enter the profession, and to assist current peace officers seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in furtherance of their careers
Criminal Justice Academies Overview
We offer a wide variety of training courses available to individuals considering a career in law enforcement or individuals currently in the law enforcement field.
Active classes include:
1. Over 250 non-traditional classes
2. Training that prepares a student for a career in law enforcement
3. Cross training of social services and law enforcement
4. Academy training for both full-time and reserve officers
5. State mandated training for campus law enforcement and security
Participants of the CJA Program:
1. Over 24,000 individuals participate annually including: sworn police officers; deputy sheriffs; district attorney investigators; campus law enforcement and security officers; individuals with an interest in criminal justice; code enforcement officers; beaches and parks security staff; reserve police and deputy sheriff’s; probation officers; and civilian and sworn custody officers.
Training requirements change with time, and we strive to accommodate our customers with quality training classes to meet their needs.