In continuation with our efforts to minimize and mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the in-person Registration Orientations have been suspended.
We are currently offering a virtual online* registration orientation.
Registration Orientations are done in a small group. During the orientations students will review English and Math placement recommendations, review the registration process, create a two semester Abbreviated Educational Plan with an academic counselor.
* Please note: Orientations are conducted through ZOOM, a web-based video conferencing application. Each session will feature a host and a co-host to ensure that all questions are answered. For accessibility, you may either call into the session or use the Zoom application.
What you need to do:
a. Log into WebAdvisor
b. Click on Student Portal
c. Click on New Student Orientation (SAC)
d. Enter your SAC email address
e. Complete the online orientation
For information on how to log on to your WebAdvisor, click on this video.
After completing the online orientation, meet with a counselor during Online Drop-In Counseling hours to discuss course selection via Cranium Cafe or sign-up for a Registration Orientation.
What services could I receive during the Registration Workshop?
Discuss your placement options based on your Career Academic Pathway.
- Help in selecting your Career Academic Pathway (major) and clarify your education goals.
- Discuss your high school transcripts, other educational history, work experience, specialize training, certificates, and other multiple measures; this information will help the counselor to better advise you.
- Choose the best courses for you.
- Assistance in registering for classes.
- Learn about the various options SAC has to assist you in paying for your classes.
If you do not have an English and Math placement recommendation, or do not have access to your high school transcripts; please take the Guided Self Placement by clicking on the links below.
If you complete the Guided Self-Placement online; please allow at least 5 to 10 working days to receive an email with information about your placement recommendation.
Frequently asked questions:
If you have any questions please call the Assessment Center at (714) 564-6148.