Published 1/8/2021; As of 12/31/2020
CARES Act Report
1. On April 22, 2020 Santa Ana College signed and returned the CARES agreement to the Department of Education and intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. Santa Ana College will receive $2,797,198 to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
3. As of reporting date Santa Ana College has disbursed $ $2,791,098 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
4. There are approximate 7,237 students at Santa Ana College who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to request Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
5. 4,197 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of reporting date.
6. The Financial Aid Office reviewed the applications to determine eligibility and amount to be awarded. Professional judgement was used to award grants to students between $100 and $1500 for applicable COVID-19 related emergency expenses.
7. Students are instructed via email that the CARES funds are to be used for the expenses described in their approved application.
CARES Act Reporting History – Student Portion
HEERF Quarterly Reporting