CARES Act Report
- On April 22, 2020 Santa Ana College signed and returned the CARES agreement to the Department of Education and intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Santa Ana College will receive $2,797,198 to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of July 1, 2020 Santa Ana College has disbursed $1,870,000 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- There are approximate 5,900 students at Santa Ana College who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to request Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- 1,847 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 22, 2020.
- Santa Ana College invites students to apply for CARES funds through an
online application on the
Financial Aid Office home page. The Financial Aid Office reviews the applications to determine eligibility and amount to be awarded.
- Students are instructed via email that the CARES funds are to be used for the expenses described in their approved application.
Return to CARES Act Fund page