On Campus and Online Tutoring
To access the Learning Center Canvas page, you must register for the Learning Center in WebAdvisor. You can follow the directions on this page (remember to do both Step 1 and Step 2),
Directions to Register for the Learning Center
Registering is a two step process. Please complete both Steps 1 and 2.
1. Step 1: Register for the Learning Center. See directions below or click here for a step-by-step explanation. Be sure to choose 2022 SPN (Do Not Select SP for the term; that is not the term for the Learning Center. SPN can be found at the bottom of the list). The location is CEC, not SAC.
2. Step 2: If you are interested in Online Tutoring, you must follow these directions to load the Canvas class on your dashboard.
this link to connect to the Learning Center Canvas page.
- Enter your WebAdvisor username and password.
- Go to Dashboard
- Click on the Online Tutoring - Spring 2022 Courses
Writing Tutoring: Drop-in
Online and in-person tutoring for writing assignments and DOTAs (English/EMLS/CJ/History) is drop-in with no appointment needed. After you register o WebAdvisor, login to our Canvas course to speak to the front desk and see a tutor virtually, or come to D-307 in person to speak to a tutor there.
Tutoring for all other subjects online and in-person (math, science, social science, medical, CTE) is by appointment only.
Making a Math/Science Tutoring Appointment
Tutoring for all other subjects online and in-person (math, science, social science, medical, CTE) is by appointment only. Click on the tab on this page "Make an Appointment with a Tutor"
You can schedule one appointment per subject per week. If you schedule more than one appointment for your subject, or you schedule it longer than the allowed time, the calendar manager will delete the newer appointment you made and you will be sent a notification.
Follow these steps:
- Sign in with your
sac.edu email account
- Click on My Services
- Click on Schedule
- Choose what you'd like to do in the tutoring session in the drop down menu
- Select a time and tutor from available tutors who specialize in that subject
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment
Questions? Contact us by email or phone
Directions for Communicating on Zoom
Click here to watch a video about how to join a Zoom meeting.
If you have downloaded Zoom on your computer, and you are joining through the Zoom program, click "Join with Computer Audio" if you have a microphone, and then click "Chat" on the bottom menu bar of Zoom.
If you have not downloaded Zoom, and you are joining from an internet browser, please click "Join Audio by Computer" if you have a microphone, and then click "Chat" on the bottom menu bar of Zoom.
If you are joining from a phone or tablet, please click "Join Audio" on the bottom menu bar of the Zoom app. In addition, please click "Participants" and then "Chats" on the bottom menu bar of Zoom.