Application Filing Period
All applicants are required to submit the following documents in order to be considered for admission to the college. You may fax, mail, or E-mail the original documents directly to the International Student Program, you may also hand carry your documents to our office. All documents submitted to Santa Ana College become the property of the college.
|FALL||April 1 - July 15||July 15||Application received between 6/16-7/15 is required to use Express Mail Service |
|SPRING||July 1 - December 1||December 1||Application received between 11/16-12/1 is required to use Express Mail Service |
|SUMMER||December 1 - April 1||April 1||Application received between 3/16-4/1 is required to use Express Mail Service |
★ The I-20 will be mailed by USPS First Class Air Mail without tracking number unless received a request reading express services.
★ Express Mail Service will be available through https://study.eshipglobal.com/ only. It is the applicant’s responsible for the Express Mail Service expenses.
The non-refundable application processing fee is due in U.S. currency.
Students can make payments by:
- Personal check, money order, cashier check - payable to: Santa Ana College - International Student Program
- Credit card (visa or master) - Please fill out the Fee Payment Form
- Cash payments are ONLY accepted in person - Please do not send cash
To be admitted to the College Credit Program, an applicant must:
Be 18 years of age Be a high school graduate or GED holder
Have a grade point average of 2.0 (C grade average)
Have a minimum English proficiency test score or a satisfactory score on the RSCCD English Placement Test
Complete the international student application
Submit the required documentation and fees (see checklist of documents)
Documents required for file completion
- Non-refundable application fee of $25.00 U.S. dollars with a minimum English proficiency test score and are applying directly to Santa Ana College credit program.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 U.S. dollars without a minimum English proficiency test score if you are planning to take the Santa Ana College Test of English Language Development (TELD) or are applying for the English Language Academy.
- Official academic transcripts and diploma of all language school, high school, and previous college work. Official English translations required.
- Affidavit of Support
- Bank Certification of sufficient funds to meet international student fee requirements. Official bank statement or official bank letter (must be on the bank letterhead) dated within the last 6 months with the balance of your account listed on the document (minimum of $22,785.00 USD).
- Physicians Report certifying good physical health.
- English proficiency test score or check your intention to take the Santa Ana College Test of English Language Development (TELD) on the application. English proficiency test minimum score: TOEFL: 450PBT / 133CBT / 45iBT; IELTS: 4.5; Cambridge Exam: PET; CEFR: B1; and STEP Test: 2A
- Autobiographical Statement
Additional documents for transfer students currently in U.S.
- Transfer Eligibility Form (students currently in U.S.)
- Copy of I-20 (students currently in U.S.)
- Copy of Visa, I-94, (students currently in U.S)
- 2 sets of official transcript from U.S. schools
F-1 Concurrent Enrollment
If you are an F-1 student currently studying at another college or university* in the United States with a valid I-20, you are welcome to take part-time classes at Santa Ana College. Please bring the following documents to our office (VL-104):
A concurrent permission letter from your current college/university. The letter must include course names as well as the semester you will be taking the classes. New permission letter is required for each semester when taking class at Santa Ana College.
Your current I-20
Your valid passport, visa, and printed I-94
Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 U.S. dollars
Santa Ana College application Form
*Students who are currently enrolled at a language school for "language training" will not be permitted to take part-time classes at Santa Ana College per Department of Homeland Security and Immigration Services regulations.
After you have collected all your application materials, please e-mail, fax, or mail your packet to the address above or hand carry the documents to our office. These documents will not be returned to you once they are submitted to the college.
Tel: (714) 564-6047*
Fax: (714) 667-0751
Santa Ana College
International Student Office (VL-104)
1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Fall & Spring Semesters
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Monday - Thursday
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM