To qualify for the SAC Online Degree Pathway program, students must:
- Complete the
Online Degree Pathway Inquiry Form.
Apply to Santa Ana College (using your expected Pathway major code below) to obtain a Student ID number
Provide a copy of high school transcripts or high school GPA for placement in Math and English courses.
- Business Administration for Transfer: SAC.BUS.AST
- Communication Studies for Transfer: SAC.CMST.AAT
- Political Science for Transfer: SAC.POLT.AAT
- Psychology for Transfer: SAC.PSYC.AAT
- Sociology for Transfer: SAC.SOC.AAT
- Liberal Arts: SAC.LAAHC.AA
Send any unofficial transcripts from prior institutions before meeting with the Pathway counselor. Prior coursework will be considered for graduation requirements. Our objective is to have students complete and graduate as quickly as possible! If students have an overall GPA lower than a 2.5, we can discuss courses for future Online Degree Pathway acceptance.
Official transcripts from all prior institutions must be on file before starting the program.
Tips for Taking Online Classes..
Upon acceptance, students in the Online Degree Pathway Program agree to the following requirements:
- Ensure official transcripts from any previous institutions attended are on file in SAC Admissions before starting classes.
- Attend the mandatory once a semester Online Degree Pathway Round-Up.
- Check the ODP website for updates.
- Participate in tutoring & support services as needed.
- Respond to emails sent by the Distance Education office and Online Degree Pathway Counselor.
- As ODP students have priority registration, register in required classes on your registration date, or classes may not be guaranteed.
- Report any changes to class schedule to Distance Education Office immediately.
- Follow the Pathway classes as prescribed on the educational plan as a full-time student.
- Complete the “Golden 4" (Communication Studies, English 101, English 103, and transfer level Math) within the first year of the program.
- Maintain over a 2.5 grade point average.
If any of the above parameters are not met/followed, students are subject to losing the privileges of being a part of the Online Degree Pathway program.
Have questions about our Program? We have answers!
Learn more about the Online Degree Pathway Program.
Complete Guided Self-Placement.
Increase your earning potential in a career you love!