Remote Instruction Certification (RIC)
Remote Instruction Certification (RIC) is required for all faculty teaching Remote Instruction. It must be completed prior to start of Fall 2020 semester.
required by the RSCCD/FARSCCD MOU (5-15-2020) instructors will
demonstrate competency in Remote Instruction for emergency remote
instruction teaching. At Santa Ana College, the Remote Instructor
Certificate demonstrates competency.
Remote Instruction Certificate
|Training will assure
faculty have training for required: Title V, instructor contact and
student-student contact, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) protecting the privacy
of student education records.|
Suggested Order of Completion
Training - All Training is self-paced
- Canvas Silver Badge (self-paced quizzes, 10 flex hours)
- Accessibility Training (self-paced quizzes, 3 flex hours)
- Demonstrated Accessibility Badge (self-paced document submission, 6 flex hours)) This badge is embedded in the Accessibility Training course. You must successfully complete it prior to the Canvas Silver Certificate.
- Virtual Conferencing Badge (self-paced quizzes, 1 flex hour)
|Canvas, Accessibility, Virtual Conferencing Support:|
- Call the Canvas toll-free 24/7 Support Line (844) 612-7428
- Canvas Silver Certificate (self-paced, Sandbox submission, 10 flex hours)
- Submit your Canvas Silver Certificate AND email your Online Canvas Mentor to notify them for review/assistance!
Canvas Silver Certificate Support:
You have been assigned an Online Canvas Mentor. Their job is to review your Sandbox submission for the Canvas Silver Certificate and to assist you with any needed updates.
These colleagues are experienced online certified faculty and have agreed to help out in our college task of assuring quality standards for Remote Instruction.
|After successfully completing your workshops/certificates above, obtain your SAC Remote Instruction Certificate!|||||Faculty that have completed the SAC Online Teaching Certificate do Not need to complete the RIC.
The Distance Education Team is here to assist you through this training! You WILL complete and we will help!
Ready... Get Set... Get Started!
The Demonstrated Accessibility Badge and Canvas Silver Certificate are manually reviewed. Please give us a week for review and feedback.
If you are already familiar with Canvas, you will be able to quickly click through the information and take the repeatable quizzes. Feel free to pick and choose, and jump right to the quizzes for areas of expertise!
Unsure if you have completed any of the training?Find out more about Electronic Badging at SAC!