- The role is "Student" (SIS import).
- Users are those who will participate in a course for course credit.
- Users enrolled as Students can view course content and participate in course assignments and communications.
- Students cannot view and participate a course until it is published, and the course has started.
- Same as Student role, but can't see list of users, can't send messages to individual course members, can't send messages to the entire class.
- Can't view the group pages of all student groups.
- The role is "Teacher" (SIS import).
- Responsible for course creation, instruction, and management.
- Teacher role has permissions that allow them to moderate/publish a course, create/view course data, and communicate within the course and Canvas.
- This role is used to allow users who will assist with course development, typically for Instructional Designer.
- This role cannot publish the course, post to discussions, send messages, nor view grades/submissions.
Teacher Assistant (TA)|
- This role is for users who will support a Teacher in a course to post content, assignments, and assist with grading.
- This role can lead Big Blue Button conferences, similar to the Student role.
- User cannot publish a course, edit the Syllabus page, nor see SIS data.
- Same as Student role, plus they can host ConferZoom sessions if they have a SAC employee email address.
- This role is used for audit purposes, Dean or peer review evaluations in a course for read-only viewing.
- This role cannot edit content in course.
- User can only see published content.
- This role can see students' dicussions but can not participate
- Same as Observer role, except they cannot view Discussions.
- This role is used for Sign Language Interpreters to be present in a class.
- The Interpreter Role has read-only access to the course content, and access to virtual meetings.
- The Interpreter role does not have access to sensitive student information, gradebook, editing capabilities, access to messaging or the ability to post to a Discussion.