Faculty PD & Resources
Professional Development Flex hours for Canvas can be earned through on-site Canvas Open Labs, Workshops and through the online training courses.
On-site Open Labs and Workshops: Register for On-site Canvas Open Labs and Workshops through the “Santa Ana College Faculty Development Tracking System" on WebAdvisor
Remote Instruction Certification
Online Teaching Certification
Online SAC Faculty Training
Complete badges and certificates online in Canvas.
How to Claim Badges (Certificates)
Once the requirements for a badges, certificates or courses have been successfully met, an
electronic badge will be awarded. Earners will receive an Email from
email@example.com to notify them when a badge has been issued.
Santa Ana College uses Acclaim by Credly to award Badges (Certificates). Once you have completed all of the requirement to earn a badge (certificate) the badge will be award. While the badges auto-award based on the completion of the requirements, it is not instantaneous. It is a process that may take up to 48 hours or more depending on the volume. Earners will be notified via Email as soon as the badge has awarded. Instructions on How You Can Earn and Claim an Electronic Badge.
To Claim Professional Development Flex Hours (Faculty)
- Log onto Web Advisor
- Select Faculty from the menu
- Click on the Santa Ana College Professional Development Tracking System link under the Faculty Information section
- Click here to access the Santa Ana College Professional Development Tracking System to access the system
- In the Optional keyword, presenter or workshop shop number, key in the workshop's name
- Click the Search Workshops button
- Scroll down to find the SAC Accessibility Training Workshop, then click the Reserve Seat button.
- The Distance Education Office verifies completion of workshops on the Professional Development system once a week
Any additional hours for Canvas training must be submitted through My Personal Flex Projects in the flex tracking system.
Note: Course preparation time is not eligible for flex credit
To Claim Professional Development Flex Hours (Staff)
- Complete the Classified Professional Growth Form.
- Present the Classified Professional Growth form and your certificate to your manager for approval
- Submit your documents to Human Resources for processing.
Instructional Continuity During Temporary Emergency Closures
In additional to Canvas training course and online resources, we have a linked page of resources, Instructional Continuity During Temporary Emergency Closures, to help faculty and students continue their coursework remotely in the event of an unexpected campus closure.
Distance Education Advisory Group
Distance Education Advisory Group is an Academic Senate work group. The purpose is to assist our Distance Education program in meeting the needs of our online students and faculty teaching in Distance Education by developing procedures and training that support our mission in Distance Education.