2 Year Scheduling Guide
TIPS FOR HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL MAJOR IN COMMUNICATION STUDIES
WELCOME! AS YOU START YOUR PATH TOWARDS COMPLETION OF AN AA DEGREE OR CERTIFICATE PLEASE PAY ATTENTION THE FOLLOWING:
• PLAN A, PLAN B, PLAN C: - These list the general education requirements for the AA (Plan A), the CSU System (Plan B) and the UC System (Plan C). Keep watch over which classes you have taken to meet the general education requirements and what areas you still need to fulfill.
• If you know the 4-year college you wish to transfer to: Make an appointment to see a counselor at that college at the beginning of your time at SAC, rather than at the end.
• In the activity courses of fine arts, courses are grouped in to families. You are only allowed 4 enrollments in that family. Withdrawals and poor grades count as enrollments! Be careful!
• Be sure to make an appointment with the chair of the Communication Studies Department, Professor Lance Lockwood, and let them know you want to be a Communication Studies major. They can give you specific advice on how to meet your goals.
• The 2 year scheduling plans below are suggested courses of study to complete an AA/Certificate in two years.
Communication Studies Degree
Lance Lockwood, Chair