Program Review Mission Statement:
Consistent with Santa Ana College’s mission to inspire, transform, and empower a diverse community of learners, the Program Review Committee provides the college’s programs and service areas a unique opportunity to:
critically reflect upon their alignment with the college’s mission statement,
engage in dialogue with colleagues across the campus to showcase and discuss their program’s or service area’s strengths and/or opportunities for growth and development, and
identify ways to improve programs and service areas as it relates to student learning outcomes and assistance.
Through the program review process, a program’s or service area’s strengths and opportunities for growth and development can be shared with the Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment Committee to identify connections with and to advise the alignment of resources between other programs and service areas in an effort to enrich the educational experience of every Santa Ana College student.
Program Review is a subcommittee of the
Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment. It serves as the oversight committee for Academic Program Review.
Program Review Committee Membership:
For more information contact Dr. Brenda Estrada, Committee Co-Chair, at (714) 564-6050 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org (Academic Program Review Co-Chair TBD)
Committee Members 2022-2023: Stacey Bass, Matthew Beyersdorf, Saeid Eidgahy, Catherine Emley, Dr. Walter Jones, Mark Liang, Kim Smith, Kathy Walczak, Jaki King, Kyle Bradley, and Merari Weber
2022 Program Review meetings dates:
Zoom link for any meeting is available upon request to any who would like to attend. Please email the co-chairs (above) for meeting link. All meetings below take place between 1pm and 2:00pm.
Fall 2022: September 19th, October 10th, November 14th, November 28th (1pm - 1:30pm Special Meeting)
|September 20th, 2021 Agenda||September 20th, 2021 Minutes||Program Review Committee: Purpose, Charge, Membership Structure|
|October 4th, 2021 Agenda||
October 4th, 2021 Minutes|||
November 1st, 2021 Agenda
|November 1st, 2021 Minutes||
Program Review Committee 2021-2022 Goals/Activities|
|December 6th, 2021 Agenda||December 6th, 2021 Minutes|||
|February 14th, 2022 Agenda||
February 14th, 2022 Minutes||Spring 2022 Presentation Schedule|
|March 7th, 2022 Agenda||March 7th, 2022 Minutes|||
March 21st, 2022 Agenda
|March 21st, 2022 Minutes|||
|April 11th, 2022 Agenda||April 11th, 2022 Minutes|||
|April 25th, 2022 Agenda||April 25th, 2022 Minutes|||
|May 9th, 2022 Agenda||May 9th, 2022 Minutes|||
Past Program Review Committee
minutes available on the
faculty resources page
Faculty and staff information, template, resources, data - please visit above link or the Faculty Resources page.
2021/2022 Program Review Goals/Activities
- Provide multiple professional development and training opportunities for faculty and staff before and during the 4-Year program review cycle. Completed.
- Remove outdated program review website and back up all past data. Completed.
- Collaborate with the research department to create an onboarding website and to facilitate easier access to data.
- Assess and reevaluate the program review template, rubric, presentation, and processes. Completed.
- Assist multiple college areas with accreditation. Completed.
Fall 2022 Completed 4-Year Program Review Documents
To be completed by the first week of November Fall 2022. For a full list of programs and service areas due, please see
Programs and Services Up For Four Year Review.
- Career Technical Education (SCE)
- Accounting and Business Administration
- Business Applications and Technology
- Communications and Media Studies
- Theater Arts
- Economics/Geography (two programs)
- Modern Languages
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Academies - completed
- Fashion Design & Merchandising
- Nutrition & Food
- Medical Assistant
- Distance Education
- Graduation Services (Student Services)
- General Counseling (Student Services)
- Student Support Services Program (TRiO-SSSP)(Student Services)
- EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs (Student Services)
- Financial Aid (Student Services)
- Scholarship (Student Services)
Complete by end of Summer 2022: