Santa Ana College student media has won more local, state and national awards than any community college in the United States. Since 1923 journalism has been one of SAC's academic pillars representing California with distinction and honor.
Awards and Honors
- Inducted into the Associated Collegiate Press College Journalism Hall of Fame.
- 22 Associated Collegiate Press National Pacemaker Awards — considered the Pulitzer Prize of collegiate journalism.
- 12 Consecutive National College Newspaper of the Year honors.
- 26 Consecutive statewide General Excellence newspaper awards.
- 26 Newspaper First Place Associated Collegiate Press Best of Show newspaper winners.
- 16 Columbia Graduate School of Journalism Gold and Silver Crowns.
- 16 Consecutive state General Excellence magazine awards.
- 10 Orange County Press Club Writer of the Year honors.
- 12 CNPA College Writer of the Year Award winners.
- 6 ACP First Place Magazine Best of Show awards.
- 6 Consecutive College Media Adviser's New York Times Crystal Apple Awards.
- 7 Consecutive California Newspaper Publishers Association 2-year College Newspaper of the Year awards.
- 5 National College Designers of the Year First Winners.
- 4 Los Angeles Times Writer of the Year honors.
- 4 Associated Collegiate Press National College Reporter of the Year First and Second place.
- 2 Columbia Graduate School of Journalism College Photographers of the Year.
- 2 Baseball Writers Association of America College Sportswriter of the Year.
- 1,700 first place individual international, national, state, and county honors.