Welcome Veterans, Reservists, Active Duty and Eligible Dependents!
Please click on the following main components of the VRC:
Veterans Education Benefits
So Cal Veterans Upward Bound
Veterans Student Support Services
Strength in Support & Outside the Wire
Certification of GI Bill® Benefits
College Preparation Program
for any Veteran wanting to attend ANY college or University
College Retention Program for Current SAC Student Veterans
& Off Campus Support
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU???
BEST IF OPENED ON CHROME OR FIREFOX BROWSERS
You must have a WebAdvisor/Canvas Login to chat
or sign on as a GUEST.
Building M-120, West side of the Planetarium
1530 W. 17th. St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Phone: (714) 564-6050
FAX: (714) 564-6294
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS DURING THE SEMESTERS:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
*Hours are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm hours.
The Veterans Resource Center was created to help incoming Veteran students transition from soldiers to scholars. In addition, Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, and their dependents are assisted with accessing their VA education benefits when pursuing an eligible AA/AS, Certificate, or Transfer Program for a BA/BS. The VRC also directs students to campus resources that would help them succeed in their educational goals.
Campus Construction Alert
Our campus is currently going through a lot of construction improvements due to Measures Q & E.
We know that the construction going on around campus have been such a hassle and that some of you may be sensitive to the noise. Unfortunately, this will be going on for the next couple of years. Also, the VRC is giving free ear plugs for those sensitive to noise. For more information on current alerts and maps of the construction,
please click here.
We also want to remind you that Strength in Support & Outside the Wire is in the VRC and offers free counseling to our student veterans and their families. They work with student veterans with TBI & PTSD, which are often associated with sensitivity to loud noises, smells, or anything triggering flashbacks and with any issues you may be experiencing that are impacting your social, academic, or professional life.
As always, please plan ahead by giving yourself plenty of time to get parking due to construction delays. We appreciate your patience as we work together to make our campus better. We are excited on what the future holds!
What can Veterans and eligible dependents do at the VRC?
- Receive information on how to use their VA Education benefits at Santa Ana College.
- Receive help in filling out VA Education Benefit Applications.
- Turn in paperwork for VA Education Benefits.
- Receive referrals and information regarding other campus resources such as Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, EOPS, Counseling, DSP&S, Health & Wellness Services, Career/Job Center, Scholarships, Tutorial Services, Transfer Center, etc.
- Receive information about outside campus resources for Veterans and families.
- Do homework in a quiet environment (6 computers and a printer available. Print homework for free!)
- Receive help filling out Financial Aid Applications and check status.
- Turn in the CA BOG Fee Waiver applications instead of waiting in line at the Financial Aid Office.
- Meet with an Academic Counselor for academic counseling needs.
- Meet with a Strength In Support representative for transitional counseling, mentorship, and workshops.
- Receive information and participate in the Veterans Upward Bound college preparation program.
- Book Loans are available to those who are eligible for VA Benefits. Please speak with a VRC staff member for details.
- Borrow a Graphing Calculator for Math courses
- See a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor on select days.
- Enjoy camaraderie among veterans
- Participate in VRC events
- Get involved in the Student Veterans Association (the Veterans club) by reaching out and helping the community.
- Participate in the VUB and VSSS Programs.
This institution has AGREED to Executive Order 13607
"Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members" - INFO
In accordance with the requirements of the titles of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Veterans Resource Center will not exclude any individual with a disability from the full and equal enjoyment of its services and facilities. The Veterans Resource Center will make reasonable modifications in its policies, practices, or procedures when such modifications are necessary to afford its services and facilities to individuals with disabilities.