Welcome Veterans, Reservists, Active Duty and Eligible Dependents!
We are excited that you are interested in pursuing higher education here at Santa Ana College and we look forward to being a part of your journey as a student veteran.
BREAKING NEWS for Summer 2020 & Fall 2020!
ATTENTION STUDENTS RECEIVING HOUSING THROUGH THEIR EDUCATION BENEFITS. We understand that many courses have been switched to an online modality, due to Covid-19. But if you don't want to ge paid the National Average rate, you must enroll in courses that were originally on campus but due to the Covid-19 epidemic, turned into an online modality. If you enroll in courses that were originally online, you will get paid the national average rate.
So how can you tell which ones used to be on campus? Check the PDFs below. These courses were assigned a type as Lecture (L) and lists a Building and Room number, or Hybrid . These are considered campus courses even if they have been switched to an online modality. IF they or Online or clearly states "online," then they will be reported as distance because they were intended to be an online class to begin with. If you only enroll in these types of courses, you will receive half the national average, unless you have a campus or hybrid course along the same period dates going on as that same course.
Please refer to the Course Schedule before registering to ensure you're certified on how you'd want to get paid.
2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE.pdf
2020 FALL SCHEDULE.pdf
YOU WILL GET DROPPED FOR NON-PAYMENT AFTER REGISTERING IF YOU DON'T DO THE FOLLOWING:
Chapter 33 & Voc Rehab Students must turn in your Certification Request Form with your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) as soon as you register so we can protect your courses (speak with us if you don't have a COE). Continuing students have no need to provide a COE. Please make sure you give us reasonable time to put the protection on before the 72 hour drop period occurs.
Other chapters (Chapter 35, 1606, 30), will have to pay out of pocket to ensure you don't get dropped, or apply for the CA College Promise Grant through the Financial Aid Office before the 72 hour period occurs for non-pay drop.
Concerned about books?
If you are concerned about buying books and having financial difficulties, please contact Dr. Brenda Estrada at (714) 725-8266.
Breaking News End.
Please click on the following main components of the VRC:
Veterans Education Benefits
So Cal Veterans Upward Bound
Veterans Student Support Services
Strength in Support & Outside the Wire
Certification of GI Bill® Benefits
College Preparation Program
for any Veteran wanting to attend ANY college or University
College Retention Program for Current SAC Student Veterans
& Off Campus Support
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU???
BEST IF OPENED ON CHROME OR FIREFOX BROWSERS
You must have a WebAdvisor/Canvas Login to chat
or sign on as a GUEST.
Cranuim Cafe Crash Course.pdf
Building M-120, West side of the Planetarium
1530 W. 17th. St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Phone: (714) 564-6050, (714) 725-8266 or (657) 210-1324.
FAX: (714) 564-6294
For any of your general questions, please contact any of our Front desk agents through Cranium Café above, email us, or call.
The Veterans Resource Center was created to help incoming Veteran students transition from soldiers to scholars. In addition, Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, and their dependents are assisted with accessing their VA education benefits when pursuing an eligible AA/AS, Certificate, or Transfer Program for a BA/BS. The VRC also directs students to campus resources that would help them succeed in their educational goals.
What can Veterans and eligible dependents do at the VRC?
- Receive information on how to use their VA Education benefits at Santa Ana College.
- Receive help in filling out VA Education Benefit Applications.
- Turn in paperwork for VA Education Benefits.
- Receive referrals and information regarding other campus resources such as Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, EOPS, Counseling, DSP&S, Health & Wellness Services, Career/Job Center, Scholarships, Tutorial Services, Transfer Center, etc.
- Receive information about outside campus resources for Veterans and families.
- Do homework in a quiet environment (6 computers and a printer available. Print homework for free!)
- Receive help filling out Financial Aid Applications and check status.
- Meet with an Academic Counselor for academic counseling needs.
- Meet with a Strength In Support representative for transitional counseling, mentorship, and workshops.
- Receive information and participate in the Veterans Upward Bound college preparation program.
- Book Loans are available to those who are eligible for VA Benefits. Please speak with a VRC staff member for details.
- Borrow a Graphing Calculator for Math courses
- Enjoy camaraderie among veterans
- Participate in VRC events
- Get involved in the Student Veterans Association (the Veterans club) by reaching out and helping the community.
- Participate in the VUB and VSSS Programs.
Santa Ana College inspires, transforms, and empowers a
diverse community of learners.
This institution has AGREED to Executive Order 13607
"Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members" - INFO
In accordance with the requirements of the titles of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Veterans Resource Center will not exclude any individual with a disability from the full and equal enjoyment of its services and facilities. The Veterans Resource Center will make reasonable modifications in its policies, practices, or procedures when such modifications are necessary to afford its services and facilities to individuals with disabilities.