The Service Learning Program
The Service Learning Program would like to inform you of changes being implemented during the suspension of normal campus operations (Covid-19 situation).
1. If you are enrolled in a class or program that requires you to complete Service Learning fieldwork hours – please contact your Professor and/or Program Coordinator regarding any requirement changes.
2. You may continue to submit monthly timesheets by emailing the signed timesheet to Service_Learning@sac.edu (please make everything is completely filled out and signed by your site supervisor).
• Please click here Timesheet 2019.pdf to download a new timesheet.
3. Placement Forms can be emailed to Service_Learning@sac.edu prior to starting your hours (please make sure both sides are completely filled out with signatures).
The Service Learning staff is aware of the challenges students are facing during this difficult time, and will provide the utmost flexibility regarding Service Learning requirements. We are here to support you.
The Service Learning Program provides volunteer opportunities for Santa Ana College students at various community agencies. Service Learning placements are tied to course curriculum requirements (i.e. Nursing, Education, U-Link, etc.) or students may volunteer independently to explore careers in their majors.
Service Learning Orientations (SLO): Students interested in participating in the Service Learning Program must attend a Service Learning Orientation. During a SLO, students will complete a Service Learning application and will receive information on important Service Learning forms tied to their placement (e.g. placement forms and timesheets).
Orientations will be offered virutually, please contact Thanh Vu through "Chat" above or email (Vu_thanh@sac.edu)
The President's Volunteer Service Award: Students who volunteer 100+ hours over a period of 12 months at a registered non-profit agency can either receive the U.S President's Volunteer Service Award or Santa Ana College President's Volunteer Service Award. These prestigious awards are provided to students in the month of May during our End-of-Year Service Learning Awards Ceremony.
There will be an extension for students to complete their hours due to the COVID-19 situation.
Service Learning End of the Year Award Ceremony: Service Learning Students that have earned a Presidential, SAC President's or Spirit Award are honored at the annual Service Learning Award Ceremony.
Due to the closure of Santa Ana College, there will not be an award ceremony this academic year.
Reasons to get involved:
- Volunteer Internship Opportunities
- Explore Careers- Gain Work Experience
- Enhance Résumé
- Develop Professional Network
- Serve Your Community
- Earn Presidential Volunteer Service Award
For more information on the Service Learning Program
please visit the Career Center