The SAC Promise program offers benefits to Santa Ana Unified School District (SAUSD) students who attend Santa Ana College directly after graduation and Santa Ana residents. To view benefits for Santa Ana residents, please view our Santa Ana Residents Information webpage.
Students who graduate from an SAUSD High School between 2016-2020 and attend SAC in the fall semester after graduating are eligible for the SAC Promise Program. More information about benefits and requirements for freshman and continuing SAC Promise students can be viewed below.
SAC Promise Benefits for SAUSD Graduates
SAUSD graduates are granted benefits from the Santa Ana Partnership. Benefits include:
- First Year Free Tuition
- The cost of full time attendance, or 12-15 units per fall and spring semesters, is covered.
- Digital Dons Laptop Loan
- Students are eligible to borrow a laptop for Fall and Spring semesters
- Bookstore Gift Cards (First Year Only)
- First year students are eligible to receive two bookstore gifts cards (one in the fall & one in spring) upon completion of requirements.
- SAC Promise Center
- Dedicated study space for incoming/continuing students.
- Transfer Guarantee
- SAUSD graduates who participate in the SAC Promise Program are eligible for transfer guarantees to two universities as part of the Santa Ana Partnership.
- Individualized Counseling Appointments
- Priority SAC Promise appointments with dedicated counselors.
- Book Loan Program
- Students can loan out a textbook for a full semester. Book availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
- NOTE: All benefits and details are subject to change depending on availability & student criteria.
SAC Promise Requirements for SAUSD Graduates
- Attend a SAC Promise Orientation
Complete the SAC Promise Canvas Hub and Pledge
- Students must attend (1) SAC Promise orientation. Orientations will be held monthly. Sign up for our interest list to be notified about future sessions.
Full-Time Enrollment (12-15 units during fall and spring semesters)
- Students are required to complete the SAC Promise Hub on Canvas. The SAC Promise Pledge is embedded in the Hub and must be signed to receive benefits. Students receive information about signing up for this during orientations.
Complete FAFSA or DREAM Act Application
- To maintain eligibility, students must be enrolled in at least 12 units during the fall and spring semesters.
- Students must submit a FAFSA or Dream Act Application each to qualify for tuition benefits. Students who are unable to complete either form may complete the California College Promise Grant application.
- Schedule a counseling appointment with a SAC Promise Counselor through the University Transfer Center. During the appointment, you will need to complete a comprehensive education plan (4 semesters of coursework planned) to complete this requirement.
Get Started Today!
Register for our interest list to get updates on registering for our next orientation!
Questions? Contact us online.