Santa Ana College's Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program which works with students whose educational and socioeconomic backgrounds might limit their access to higher education or hinder their ability to be academically successful in their college-level studies. Students who meet EOPS eligibility criteria are provided services that are “over and above” those services provided by Santa Ana College to all students.
- Identify an educational goal (Certificate, Associate’s Degree, and/or preparation for transfer) that fits with their academic/career interests;
- Develop and follow an educational plan that helps them reach their educational goal in a time-efficient manner;
- Achieve success in their college-level studies and maximize their learning experiences here at SAC.
As an EOPS student, you will receive:
- Priority registration
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Book/Calculator loans and school supplies
- Assistance with financial aid, scholarship and transfer applications
- Tutoring appointments: EOPS Resource Center
- Help with cost of textbooks
- Program benefit cards
- Referrals to campus and community resources