California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids, "CalWORKs". The objective of the CalWORKs program is to serve as an advocate for students meeting the new Welfare to Work requirements. We provide a variety of support services to help students successfully complete their dream of a college degree, which will lead to the career ladder of self-sufficiency.
The CalWORKs program provides the following services:
- Priority Registration
- Academic counseling and case management
- Monthly self-development workshops
- Program benefit cards
- School supplies
- Submission of required Social Service documents
- Individualized math tutoring
- Job development and placement (CalWORKs work-study)
- Referrals to campus and community resources
CalWORKs Math tutoring available in-person and via Zoom
Math tutoring services is for verified CalWORKs program students.
To schedule or reschedule a TUTORING appointment:
- Send an email CalWORKs@sac.edu;
- Put TUTORING for Math Course # in subject line;
- Put student ID, name and phone number in the text box.
A CalWORKs staff member will contact you to set up an appointment.
Methods of tutoring:
- In-person tutoring: arrive at Johnson Student Center, JSC-211 for the scheduled tutoring appointment.
- *Zoom tutoring: The Math tutor will send you an email with the Zoom link and instructions for joining the scheduled tutoring session.
*Learn more about Zoom by watching this tutorial: https://tinyurl.com/ZoomMtgTutoria