University of California (UC) Transfer Requirements
There are nine UC campuses that offer both undergraduate and graduate education. One third of UC students are transfers, and California community college transfers are prioritized over other transfers.
By attending Santa Ana College you can stay close to home, save money, and can make progress towards a UC degree. We offer programs such as
U-Link that guarantee admission to UC Irvine upon completion of requirements, and University Transfer Center workshops on how to take part in the UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program.
If you have any questions, please be sure to visit the University Transfer Center in S-110 or call 714-564-6165 for any questions.
Click here to apply to UC campuses
Complete the 7-course IGETC pattern by the end of the spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC
Complete at least 60-semester units of UC-transferable credit.
Earn at least a 2.4 GPA in UC-transferable courses (2.8 if you are a non-resident). Keep in mind that some majors require a higher GPA for admission selection.
Complete the required/recommended courses needed for your intended major with the minimum grades. Visit ASSIST to view major preparation coursework expected by each campus.
There is a single application for all UC campuses. Click here for the UC application and select the term you would like to apply for. Generally, applications for Spring transfer open in July, and applications for Fall transfer open in August. See below for application timelines and resources to assist you with your application. In addition, sign up for our email database or text alerts to receive updates regarding application workshops hosted by the University Transfer Center.
UC Application Timelines
- Application opens (edit only, not submission)
Schedule an appointment with a transfer counselor for a transfer check.
|September 1st - 30th|
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) application is open for submission. Attend a TAG workshop or visit the University Transfer Center for support.
- UC application is open for submission. Visit the University Transfer Center for workshops and application review
After submitting your fall admissions applications, activate your portal for each school that you applied to. Check portals and email often to track campus deadlines, such as when to submit transcripts, test scores, Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), and more. Visit the University Transfer Center for assistance.
- Online application for Transfer Academic Updates (TAU) opens for transfer applicants to report final fall grades and in-progress/planned coursework. All students must complete the TAU, even if there were no classes taken in Fall/Spring. The priority deadline to complete the TAU is January 31st.
- A random sample of students are selected to verify information in their application and notified via email (if you did not receive an email regarding verification, disregard this). Select applicants are asked to verify one item from academic history, honors and awards, extracurricular activities, volunteer work and community service, special program participation, employment, or information contained in the personal insight responses. The deadline to respond is January 31st.
- Notification of fall admissions decisions begin.
Deadline for FAFSA or Dream Act applications on March 2nd.
- Deadline for admitted transfer students to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).
- Final, official transcripts and test scores must be sent to UC campus admissions office.
- Winter/spring filing period for certain campuses.
- Consult with the UC website or University Transfer Center for updates on campuses and majors that are open for Winter admission.