What is the Puente Program?
The Puente Program is a transfer program that builds English Composition/Critical Thinking (required for all universities) and Counseling courses for two consecutive semesters. The goal is to support you through your first year of college. The Puente Program has mentoring and transfer readiness events throughout the academic year to ensure you are a strong university applicant!
*Puente Program is supported and funded by the University California Regents and Community College Chancellor's Office Statewide*
- Be eligible to enroll in two consecutive writing classes, English 101 (Fall) and English 103 (Spring)
- Can commit to a full year in the Puente Program as part of a cohort learning community
- Be interested in transferring to a 4-year university
- Agree to attend at least one out-of-class activity per month
- Agree to be actively involved in Puente mentoring activities that build your academic resume
- Personal guidance and orientation in exploring career options, developing an educational plan, and identifying life goals
- Access to long term academic advising with your Puente counselor
- Guaranteed/automatic enrollment in your English 101, English 103, Counseling 100, and Counseling 128 courses for the academic year
- Field Trips to colleges and universities
- Field Trips to cultural events
- Guest speakers
- Build college friendships
- Build your academic resume with mentoring and transfer events!
*Participation in the Puente Program requires at least one out-of-class Puente activity per month*
|CNSL-100 (29792)||2.0||T & Th||8:50am - 9:55am||D-209|
|4.0||T & Th||10:05am - 12:10pm||D-110|
*Special Add Card required for registration. Please contact the Puente Counselor/Coordinator for more information.*