Classified Awards Process
The Santa Ana College Awards for Excellence selection committee works as a team to automate and simplify the award selection process while maintaining fairness and confidentiality for all classified nominees. In addition, the committee collaborates with faculty leadership to provide a joint Faculty and Classified Awards for Excellence Ceremony near the end of the spring semester (usually in the month of May).
- Nominations are accepted during the fall semester (automated system requiring a name, division, job title and telephone number)
- Nominators MUST provide his/her name and complete a reference survey for his/her nominee.
- Nominees must be eligible* (for the award they are being nominated for), accept the nomination and carefully complete a questionnaire (important to take time to complete the form and provide at least one (1) person that can complete a reference for him/her).
- References must be provided for each nominee (one required but second person is listed should the first person not respond).
- Electronic ballot is sent to all SAC classified peers to vote for one person in each category during the spring semester.
- All processes, questionnaires, references and ranking are conducted by the Committee composed of Classified Awardees from the previous year.
- Ballots, tallies and selection of finalists is determined by the Committee
- Distribution of information to all nominees, finalists and their managers conducted by the Committee members.
- Photos, videos and eBook (scripting and write-ups) are created for the Awards for Excellence ceremony and website.
- Co-coordination of meetings and associated deliverables with faculty leads to develop joint program, facilities, marketing (posters, program), budget-related items such as stipends, plaques, appetizers and refreshments. Support is also provided by the SAC Business Office and SAC Foundation.
- Co-coordination of communications with Human Resources to identify recipients of service pins, retirees and special recognitions.
- Co-coordination with graphics, video and ITS/Electronic media teams.
- Co-coordination of podium script together with the offices of the Vice Presidents and President’s office.
- Nominees must be a SAC employee, includes all SAC sites and District employees at SAC (select categories reviewed w/Human Resources).
- Nominees must accept award nomination.
- Nominees must complete all required information forms in a clear, thorough and accurate manner (similar to a job resume to ensure fair competition for the award).
- Nominees may communicate with past awardees to obtain insight on the process, view samples of previous documents, and/or gather general information.
For more information, please contact Lithia Williams by email or by calling (714) 564-6105.