Premiering in AugustTRAVERSEclick here for video promo
TRAVERSE explores how the current climate of isolation has shifted and altered the way in which we create dance, moving in spaces outside the traditional performance stage. These original works are the summation of extensive hours dedicated to choreographing, teaching, filming, and editing, all through the virtual lens. Our faculty and students are excited and honored to have the unique opportunity to virtually present their art for your entertainment.
Come Dance With Us This Fall!
Discover the artist within,
Dream the impossible,
Dedicate to your vision!
Welcome to the Santa Ana College Dance Department! Our mission is to encourage ALL STUDENTS to discover the artist within and share their joy and passion for dance. We strive to support their dreams and visions, and provide a focused direction for students to dedicate and accomplish their goals in academia, dance training, and life-long learning. We are committed to serving students who are interested in seeking transfer to 4-year universities, obtaining a dance certificate of achievement, exploring dance career opportunities, or simply embracing the connection of community and learning. Come join us to connect, grow, and inspire as movers and artists!
The Santa Ana College Dance Department is dedicated to serving its students by educating and encouraging them to accomplish academic, degree, and life-learning goals. To uphold this pursuit, here are helpful guidelines to maintain success as we continue Temporary Remote Instruction (TRI) for the Fall semester 2020.
- Dance classes that are listed as Online (O) classes (DNCE 100, DNCE 105) are distance education classes with no scheduled meeting days. Students will log in to Canvas and complete work regularly throughout the week. Other technologies may be required to complete coursework.
- All other dance classes are listed as Remote Live (RL). Remote Live (RL) classes are distance education classes with weekly scheduled meeting days and times. Students will attend class virtually through synchronous ConferZoom meetings during the published course times. CANVAS and other technologies will be required to complete coursework.
- Students should use a computer/laptop/tablet with strong WIFI connection to ensure ACCESSIBILITY. A mobile phone used for class viewing and instruction may not be the most effective method for learning for both student and instructor.
- If enrolled in a movement dance class, a working webcam with adequate visuals and speaker volume is required in order to be properly be viewed by the instructor.
- Sufficient space to move safely inside or outside your home "dance space" is very important!
Information for the Fall 2020 Dance Auditions will be posted by August, 7, 2020.
Fall 2020 Dance Repertory will be under the direction of up-and-coming dance film designer, Mike Esperanza! click here
More information to be posted on
Dance Concert Announcements
For more information contact:
Heather Gillette, Chair
Phone: (714) 564-5640
Contact by email
Connect With Us