What is SacDays?
SacDays is a free mini conference for new and continuing students. The goal of SacDays is to help students feel more prepared for college and to increase their overall success. Students can choose from a variety of workshops offered by faculty and staff at Santa Ana College and may get the opportunity to meet their professors before the start fo the semester.
Student Feedback from 2018 SacDays:
- “Thank you for the positive encouragement." - “This is really helpful."
- “All information received was great. Thank you!" - “Thank you! Fun and informative."
- “Information was abundant." -“Really informational."+
What is a workshop?
Come learn more about how to be successful at SAC by attending 1 hour
informational and interactive sessions that covers a wide range of topic.
out the workshop titles below:
your CAP (Career and Academic Pathway)
- You got options! -Learn about your Career Center Services
- Understanding The Difference Between High School and College, and What It Means To Be a College Student
- Getting the most from your text book - how to study
- Supporting Your English Skills with Non-Credit Classes
- How to Get Involved on Campus
- Introduction to Online Learning, the Online Degree Pathway, Canvas & Zero Textbook Cost Courses
- What's a Syllabus and Why You Should Care
- Making Math Stick - Learn How to be Successful in Any Math Class (And Probably Other Classes Too)
- Preparing for the first day of college
- How to Organize Your Work
- Honors Transfer Program Orientation
- Introduction to various programs, majors and careers
- How to be successful in your classes
- Designing a resume
What is a "Meet-and-Greet"?
Come meet your professors for the new year who will walk you through the
course design, go over their syllabus and class policies, and even
offer helpful tips on how to be successful in their classes! Meet and
Greets are also a time to meet fellow classmates who can be great study
Why you should attend SacDays?
Get a head start on your college experience
Find out how to be more successful in your classes
Feel more confident about starting (or continuing) college
Meet professors and staff in a casual atmosphere
Learn about majors and careers
Locate the Math Center and Learning Center where you can get lots of academic support
Experience what it’s like to attend a mini-conference
See what SAC has to offer its students
Get your questions answered before school begins
Discover why you made a great choice in choosing to come to SAC
Monday & Tuesday August 19-20, 2019. The campus tours begin at 9:30am and workshops begin at 10:45am.
Please check-in 15 minutes before your first workshop at the 1st floor of Dunlap Hall. Free parking available in Lot 6 behind Dunlap Hall.
Do you need to sign up?
We advise you to sign up online before August 19th; however, you can sign up online in the Learning Center the day of the event.