Legal Office Technician: Certificate of Achievement
Program code: SAC.LOT.CA
Program Control Number: 35673
This certificate program will prepare the student with technical
office skills necessary for employment in a law office as an assistant
to attorneys and paralegals. This program is not designed to
prepare students for the practice of law, nor is it designed to meet
the requirements of Business and Professions code section 5450
1. Understand the ethical and professional responsibilities of the
legal profession by completing PARA 100 or LAW 100 and PARA
2. Students will understand the procedures of a law office by
completing PARA 101.
3. Students will achieve an entry level proficiency in the technology
utilized in a law office by completing BA 179 Introduction to
Microsoft Office and BA 163 Adobe Acrobat.
4. Students will understand proper formatting, grammar, and
punctuation of business documents by completing BA 017
Business Writing Skills.
5. Students will understand basic Accounting procedures by
completing Acct 035 Quickbooks I.
Required Core Courses: Units: 22
Para 100/Law 100 The Paralegal Profession/Introduction to Legal Studies
Para 101 Law Office Management
Para/Law 121 Ethical Legal Reasoning
Law 110 Legal Terminology
BA 017 Business Writing Skills
BA 163 Adobe Acrobat
BA 179 Introduction to Microsoft Office
ACCT 035 Quick Books I
Para 105/299/Law 299 Cooperative Work Experience
|Projected Annual Openings in CA 2016-2026:||1,220|
|Median Hourly Pay CA:||$22.69|