Learn from Bilingual Career Experts
The Vietnamese / English Interpretation and Translation program provides proper bilingual skills training by professional interpreters and translators. Learn about careers that employ bilingual skills and how to provide interpreting and translating services for a variety of industries including business, medical, education, government, and legal.
Bilingual employment requires language proficiency in both Vietnamese and English (written and verbal), knowledge of industry terminology, technology skills for in-person and remote services, customer service skills, and understanding cultural and social communication.
View Vietnamese - English Interpretation and Translation brochure for details
Interpreter and Translator Related Career Opportunities
Southern California needs professionally trained bilingual interpreters and translators to meet community needs.
Constitutional mandates require certified bilingual interpreter services for courts, victims, and defendants for arraignments, pretrials, preliminary hearings, depositions, trials, witness statements, etc. Government and private industry need interpreters in medical, legal, education, and business.
- California Court Interpreter
- Medical / Dental / Health Care
- Editor / Copywriter
- Insurance / Claims
- Communications / Marketing
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Real Estate Agent
- Paralegal / Legal Administration
- Family & Children Services
- Education / School District
- Law Enforcement Dispatcher
Remote Technology for Virtual Professionals
Build your digital skills to meet the increasing demand to work remotely outside the office.
Remote technology training includes document sharing methods, videoconferencing, effecive online communication, remote project management, and virtual collaboration.
- BA 149 Technology for Interpreters & Translators
- BA 127 Microsoft Teams
- BA 182 Google Apps & Google Drive
- BA 153 Social Media Apps for Employment and Business (build a professional LinkedIn account to advertise your resume and marketing a business)
Contact Career Education Business Counselors
714-564-6254 or Live Chat on Counselors Web Page
Get help planning class schedules
- Set education and career goals
- Complete graduation forms
- Learn about financial aid and support services
Information and brochure provided on this page are based on Catalog 2021-22. Previous catalogs are listed on the SAC College Catalogs web page.