Canvas Studio Video Management Tool
What is it?
Canvas Studio is a media tool that allows students and instructors to
upload, create, edit, manage, share and discuss audio and video files.
Existing files can be used or new ones can be created with Studio's
capture and editing tools.
Canvas Guide: What is Canvas Studio?
When to use it?
Canvas Studio media files can be embedded in any course content. This
includes modules, assignments, pages, quiz questions, announcements,
and other course items.
Students can submit audio and video files to assignments and discussions.
Canvas Guide: How do I use Canvas Studio?
What features does Canvas Studio have?
- Video recordings can be created with screen capture, webcam or both
- Users can upload existing video files to their studio library.
- Studio has a robust set of tools for adding captions. Captions can be added in multiple languages.
- Studio supports many video and audio file formats and can be used with YouTube files as well.
- Users can make comments at specific points in a media file's timeline.
- Files can be tagged with keywords.
- Files can be shared with courses, specific users, or publically.
- File owners can view analytics that shows who is watching and listening to files and if they are watching the entire file or skipping around.
- Student submissions of Studio media files can be viewed and graded in the SpeedGrader.
- Studio is compatible with mobile devices for both recording and viewing Studio media.
- Studio has a Quiz tool that allows you to insert questions into your
video. The quizzes can be graded items that push grades directly into
the Canvas Grade Center.
How do I create a Canvas Studio video quiz in a course?
Studio Guide - Table of Content