The Santa Ana College Foundation invites alumni, students, faculty, staff, and members of the community to submit nominations for the 2017 Hall of Fame Alumni Achievement Awards. Recipients will be honored at a special ceremony on Thursday, June 8, 2017 and will also be recognized at the college’s spring commencement ceremony.
All nominations must be received by Friday, February 24, 2017
About the Santa Ana College Alumni Hall of Fame Achievement Award
Santa Ana College has honored outstanding alumni for over 60 years. The tradition began in 1955 when the first three award recipients were named. Over the years, more than 180 outstanding alumni representing all walks of life have received the Alumni Achievement Award. A formal Alumni Hall of Fame was developed in 1991, with a biennial ceremony to honor the inductees.
The criteria for nomination into the Santa Ana College Alumni Hall of Fame is:
1. Graduation from Santa Ana College or completion of a minimum of 30 units
2. Documents submitted should reflect and directly support the specific distinction and achievement that the candidate has made in his/her professional and/or personal efforts since leaving Santa Ana College. Nominee should have made a significant impact in their education, profession, and/or community.
3. Recipients must be available to attend the awards ceremony and commencement.
- It is required that the nominator paint a very descriptive picture of the nominee.
- Include additional information along with your 1-3 page summary that will assist the selection committee.
Additional supplemental letters and/or other informational pieces (i.e. recommendation letters, articles, press releases, awards, etc.) that support the achievement and distinguished work are highly recommended. Treat this like a Lifetime Achievement Award.
If at any point in the selection process, the committee feels the nomination package contains insufficient information, the nomination will be disqualified and the nominator will be notified.
Nominations must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 24, 2017. You are welcome to nominate more than one individual, but separate forms must be submitted for each nominee. Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of college staff, Foundation Board members, previous Alumni Hall of Fame award recipients and others. The 2017 honorees will be notified no later than March 17, 2017. Following that date, everyone who submitted a nomination will receive a letter listing the 2017 honorees.
*ATTENTION: Please note the below form does not complete your nomination application. A 1-3 page summary of the nominee that articulates/describes his/her achievement and distinguished work is required. Any additional information i.e. resume, recommendation letters, articles, press releases, awards, etc. is also highly recommended. Please submit this information via mail (SAC Foundation, 1530 W. 17th St, Santa Ana, CA 92706) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations must be received by
Friday, February 24, 2017