Student Representation Fee (Education Code 76060.5)
If a student body association has been established at a community college as authorized by Section 76060, the governing body of the association may order that an election be held for the purpose of establishing a student representation fee of two dollars ($2) per semester.
A. One dollar ($1) of every two-dollar ($2) fee collected shall be expended to establish and support the operations of a statewide community college student organization, recognized by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges, with effective student representation and participation in state-level community college shared governance and with governmental affairs representatives to advocate before the Legislature and other state and local governmental entities.
B. The underlying goals of a statewide community college student organization shall include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
1. Establishing a sustainable foundation for statewide community college student representation and advocacy.
2. Promoting institutional and organizational memory.
3. Ensuring and maintaining responsible community college student organizational oversight and decision making.
4. Strengthening regional approaches for community college student representation and coordination.
5. Promoting and enhancing student opportunities for engagement in community college student issues and affairs.
6. Providing for open and public transparency and accountability.
More information here.