RATIFYING/UPDATING A CLUB AT SAC
Student Life's Inter-Club Council (ICC) appreciates your interest in starting a new club/organization at Santa Ana College. The following steps and requirements were developed to guide you towards achieving club approval.
Before ratifying/updating a club/organization, you will need to:
2. Secure five student officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and ICC Rep.)
3. Find at least one advisor (Faculty, Staff, or Administrator)
5. Complete and gather the following:
C. Constitution & By-laws
6. Your advisor will be contacted via email to approve their role.
Club/Organization Registration Form must be submitted by 5:00pm on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 for ratification at the following ICC meeting.
STUDENT OFFICER REQUIREMENTS
• Be enrolled in five (5) or more units at Santa Ana College
• Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA
• Pay Student Life & Leadership Fee
• Must be a full/part-time faculty, staff, or administrator Santa Ana College
• Be present at all official club meetings and events whether they are on or off campus
CREATING A CLUB/ORGANIZATION CONSTITUTION
• Develop with the assistance of the club advisor and prospective club officers, following the guidelines provided.
• The draft of the constitution will be reviewed by Student Life. All requested changes must be made prior to presenting this document to Inter-Club Council (ICC). Club constitutions will only be reviewed once the club registration form is complete and all officers listed are eligible.
• Once the constitution is approved by Student Life, it will be placed on the ICC agenda for voting. A representative from the prospective club must be present.
• If approved, the ICC representative must attend weekly ICC meetings. Meetings are held every Wednesday from 1:30-3:00PM. Dates are subject to change pending school holidays, events, and/or closures.
BENEFITS OF CLUB RATIFICATION
Ratified clubs are given FREE use or access to the following:
• Campus meeting rooms
• Permission to fundraise on campus
• College facilities for club events
• Participate in ICC sponsored events to recruit new members
• Officer recognition at the Leadership & Advisor Awards Ceremony
• Opportunity to compete for Club and Advisor of the year