|Did you graduate from a SAUSD high school in 2014 and missed the Adelante new student orientation?
Click on the link below if you are interested in attending a make-up Orientation:
Make-Up Orientation Interest Form
What is Adelante?
Santa Ana ¡Adelante! is the latest initiative of the Santa Ana Partnership to elevate academic achievement and college attendance for students who attend high schools in the city of Santa Ana. The goal of Santa Ana ¡Adelante! is to one day have a college degree in every home in Santa Ana. Santa Ana ¡Adelante! provides every
Santa Ana Unified School District (SAUSD) high school graduate with the promise of admission to either
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) or the
University of California, Irvine (UCI) as long as they enroll at Santa Ana College (SAC) within one year of graduating from SAUSD and complete all academic and application requirements for transfer.
Students who participate in Santa Ana ¡Adelante! will receive the following benefits:
- Guaranteed financial support for their pre-transfer studies at SAC,
- The opportunity to enroll in academic learning communities at SAC to ensure access to college English and Math courses during the freshman year,
- Academic advice from transfer mentors who graduated from local high schools
- An initial orientation and annual workshops for the parents of all participating students to ensure they understand how the pathway works at every stage of their student's education provided by Padres Promotores de Educacion, the Santa Ana Partnership's parent outreach and empowerment group,
- Access to One-Stop Higher Education Centers at all SAUSD high schools, staffed with full-time Higher Education Specialists, which will serve as a secondary launch pad for students interested in opting into the Santa Ana Pledge,
- High School graduation requirements modeled after the entrance requirements for CSU and UC to help accelerate their progress through SAC and on to CSUF or UCI ,
- Early Decision, a special college enrollment process at SAC, will allow all program participants to sign up for college classes during the spring semester of their senior year in high school,
- Library cards & privileges at CSUF and UCI while enrolled at SAC, as well as, special invitations and field trips to CSUF and UCI programs and activities throughout the year. Possible participation in the Summer Scholar Transfer Institute (SSTI) at UCI, and
- Access to the university’s Early Assessment Program (EAP) for placement in college level Math and English classes.
If you have a question or need more information, please call (714) 564-6165.