Welcome to International Festival 2022
Welcome to International Festival 2022!
The International Student Program and the International Student Association invite you (students, faculty, staff, clubs, and members of the SAC family) to represent a country to help others become more familiar with the culture. Please join us in celebrating the diversity of the global community by sharing your culture. You will share your culture through ethnic food, artifacts, national costumes, and cultural entertainment during the International Festival, increasing cultural awareness and understanding. In addition to promoting cultural understanding, International Festival is a competitive event emphasizing teamwork and engagement. The exhibit booths will be judged and rewarded with prizes and certificates. Financial support would be provided to each country's booth to organize their representation. Please contact us for more information.
- Cultural Display
- National Dress
- International Cuisine
- Cultural Entertainment (12 PM – 1 PM)
Criteria and Areas of Competition:
= Cultural Display
- Original/native artifacts
- Demonstrated knowledge and information on display items.
- The visual appeal of the exhibit.
- Courtesy/friendliness of student participants.
= National Dress
- Authenticity/originality of dress.
- Consistency of dress (some or all student participants in native attire).
- Participants' ability to give information about costumes.
- Grace, deportment, and enthusiasm of participants.
= International Cuisine
- Display, appearance, and visual appeal.
- Manner of service (friendliness, courtesy) and background information provided.
- Variety of menu items.
- Uniqueness, authenticity, and representation of traditional foods.
= Cultural Entertainment
- Relationship of dress/appearance to performance.
- He/She has demonstrated skill/talent.
- Showmanship and audience response.
- Adherence to a time allowance of 3-8 minutes.
= President's Award
The best representation of the Spirit of Cultural Diversity by a Country Group, Club, or Organization.
The event is open to vendors. You must be a commercial/licensed vendor to register. To secure both, a $150 registration fee is required. Please contact us if you would like more information.
Find Your Support:
To introduce your country, contact your U.S. embassy/consulate, local cultural centers, and business associations.
FOREIGN CONSULATES IN LOS ANGELES
Past Event Pictures and Video:
International Student Program, 1530 W. 17th Street #JSC 208, Santa Ana, California, 92706, USA