The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is seeking a successor to
Santa Ana College (SAC) President Dr. Erlinda Martinez, who will be retiring on June 30, 2016.
RSCCD, with assistance from
Community College Search Services, is conducting a presidential search for qualified candidates that possess the following personal characteristics and qualities:
- Demonstrated strategic ability to plan for change in ways that ensure broad buy-in and action that, in turn, significantly improve student access and success;
- Demonstrated success in building an effective and cohesive leadership team;
- Demonstrated passion for serving community college students and an understanding of the sense of urgency required to foster equity in both access and student success;
- Demonstrated results-oriented approach that focuses on student outcomes and aligning plans and implementation efforts to measurable goals;
- Demonstrated strength of character as exemplified by behavioral integrity and ethical decision making;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and earn the trust of internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders, among other things, the college goals and strategic objectives to advance student access and success;
- Demonstrated experience with fiscal processes, including securing sufficient resources to adequately fund college operations and ensuring adequate controls to prevent fiscal mismanagement;
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, construction and effective utilization of college facilities;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial abilities with a track record as a successful fundraiser; and
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with external partners and developing joint programs or partnerships to leverage resources to reach underserved populations and achieve greater levels of student success.
Complete details regarding the SAC president position and the presidential search process, including hiring timelines, can be found on the RSCCD website.
Visit SAC Presidential Search Website