BORROWING AND RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
Nealley Library materials may be checked out at the Circulation (aka: Front Desk) and the Periodicals Desks. Staff (full-time, part-time, and substitute), working at the Circulation (aka: Front Desk) or Periodicals Department must abide by the following established library policy:
- The following library materials: laptops, magazines, newspapers, journals, microfiche and microfilm will be checked-out, returned to and checked-in at the Periodicals Department only.
- The periodicals Department may also check-out books from the Main Stacks, Oversize and Children's collections.
- Students, Staff and Community Members checking-out books from the Periodicals Department should be advised that these books should be returned to the Circulation (Front Desk) Department for check-in.
Circulation (Front Desk) Department
- Library materials from the following collections: Reserves and Special Collections, will be checked out, returned to and checked-in at the Circulation (Front Desk) Department only.
- Anyone requesting or returning Reserve materials must do so only at the Circulation (Front Desk) service desk.
This Department will also check-out and check-in books from the Main Stacks, Oversize and Children's collection, as well as pamphlets, play scripts, videos, CDs, CD-ROMs, DVDs and disks.
Payment of Overdue / Damaged or Lost Items
Payment of library fines or other charges will be handled at the service desk that the charges generate from. The exception to this rule is when patrons have a variety of fines/charges that involve both service desks, and in this case, payments may be taken at the Department that the student first approaches.
Circulation Department payments must be made in full. Payments in cash or personal checks are only accepted. No bills larger than a $20.
Any lost item charges, processing fees, or damage charges must be handled at the service desk these charges originated from so that patrons receive appropriate information and statuses, as well as proper clearance of Datatel holds.
Returning Library Materials to Nealley Library Book Drop
Library materials that check out of the Library may be returned to the drive-by library book drop located behind the L-Building. Items may belong to SAC or SCC. Video, audio, CD-ROMs or DVD library materials may be returned to the book drop at the student's discretion since these items may damage in the book drop.
- Main Stacks Books, Reading Post Books, Music/Audio CDs, and Play Scripts - 3 weeks
- Book of the Year Books - 2 weeks
- Some Periodicals, Main Stacks VHS Tapes and DVDs - 1 week
- Reserve Materials, as determined by instructor - 2 hours, 1 day, 2 days, or 7 days
- Reference Books, Atlas Case Books, Periodicals on Display Shelves - Library Use Only (no take home permitted)
Items that circulate for three weeks are renewable one time for an additional three weeks in person or over the phone. One week items, two week items, and reserve items are not renewable.
Renewals are available as long as the patron owes no other charges and there are no holds on the item. Renewals are available on overdue items as long as the patron can pay overdue charges in person immediately. Overdue items cannot be renewed over the phone.
TAKE HOME LIMITS
A student may have a maximum of 15 items checked out at one time.