Cooperative Work Experience Education-Occupational CS104
Catalog Description / Course Objective: Supervised paid or volunteer experience in student’s major including new or expanded responsibilities. One unit credit for each 5 hours worked per week to a maximum of 4 units for 20 hours worked per week each semester. Limitation of 16 units in occupational cooperative education courses.
Requirements: Must be enrolled in a minimum of 7 units (includes CS104)
Credit / No Credit only: CS104 may be repeated to a maximum of 16 units in Cooperative Education coursework.
- Main Learning Objective: Develop skills in a new aspect of a job which furthers the student’s occupational or educational goals.
- Additional Learning Objectives:
- Improved Communication Skills
- Effective Interviewing Techniques
- Professional Resume Preparation
- Improved Time Management Techniques
- Gain Netiquette Skills
Attendance & Grading: On the worksite, students must average, for an entire semester:
To assure student learning and employer objectives are met, learning objectives will be completed and reviewed for course credit by the on-site supervisor and the CS104 instructor.
Grading Determination: A grade of CR (credit) will be earned if:
- Performance objectives are met
- Required hours of work are met
- Paperwork is submitted according to the CS104 student timeline
How to Contact the Instructor:
Name: Cherylee Kushida
Office: A-101-5 (Cesar Chavez building)
Phone: (714) 564-6766, please leave a message with your name, class (day/time) and phone #
Santa Ana College Mission Statement:
mission of Santa Ana College is to be a leader and partner in meeting the
intellectual, cultural, technological, workforce and economic development needs
of our diverse community. Santa Ana College prepares students for transfer,
employment, careers and lifelong intellectual pursuits in a dynamic learning