Interlibrary loan (ILL) services, e.g., the borrowing of materials from non-RSCCD sources, is available to Santa Ana College (SAC) students, faculty and staff for the purpose of expanding beyond the Library's and District's collection and resources, the ability to provide information sources that support student research and faculty/staff teaching/professional development.
- ILL services will be offered to current students, faculty/staff.
- ILL services will first attempt to borrow materials from lending institutions that do not charge for the service. If costs are incurred the following will apply:
- Sac student ILL borrowing costs are subsidized until further notice. SAC students are responsible for overdue and/or lost ILL material charges; said charges will be attached to the student's library record.
- Faculty/staff will continue to be individually responsible for any ILL costs.
Exception: ILL borrowing costs are subsidized for SAC faculty/staff enrolled in SAC courses who request materials for assignments associated with that coursework; faculty/staff members continues to be responsible for overdue and /or lost ILL material charges.
- Failure to pickup any ILL materials will be result in a $2.00 per item fee which will be attached to the requestor's library record.
- Periodical articles and books will be requested.
- Request for RSCCD-wide owned materials will not be accepted unless material is missing and /or lost. *
- Requests for an entire issue or volume of a periodical title will not be accepted.
- Library users are limited to five  ILL requests per week.
*requests for materials available form Santiago Canyon College (SCC) are handled through the SCC Loan Process and NOT through SAC ILL services as follows:
- SCC books may be requested at the SAC Reference Desk.
- SCC print periodical articles may be requested at the SAC Periodical Department.
SAC Materials Lent
- Books excluding non-circulating books.
- Print periodicals articles (copies); requests for an entire issue or volume of a periodical title will not be accepted.
- Audio/visual materials
- Electronic media such as CD-ROM, E-books, E-journals (including articles from online full text databases)
Nealley Library complies with U.S. copyright law.
ILL Requests Forms
- ILL request forms are available at the Library Reference Desk; completed forms are returned to the Reference Desk (or to any librarian) for verification of patron information, bibliographic information and local availability, e.g., SAC full text availability from periodical databases or print availability from SCC.
- Library users are limited to five (5) ILL requests per week.
October 23, 2003
Copyright 2006, RSCCD Last updated 11/15/2011