EOPS Requirements and Services
Do I qualify for EOPS?
For EOPS, the student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a California resident;
- Be enrolled Full-Time (12 units) with limited exemptions for students with a verified disability;
- Be eligible for the Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver (BOGW); and
- Have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable credits.
…and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have placed in a basic skills math or English course;
- Have previously enrolled in a basic skills math or English course;
- Be educationally disadvantaged as defined by EOPS state regulations; or
- Meet one of the alternative educational criteria identified by EOPS.
If you believe you are EOPS eligible, please come to the office during one of the open enrollment dates:
Open Enrollment Dates:
ONLY Fall Admittance:
April 1st through April 15th
Services Available For Eligible Participants
EOPS may provide the following services to qualified students (services are dependent on availability):
Counseling - Academic and Personal
Financial Aid Information/Assistance
Transfer Assistance/Fee Waiver
Academic Support Workshops
Study Skills, Counseling and EOPS Linked Classes
Bus Pass or Parking Permit*
Requirements to Remain in Good Standing in EOPS:
In addition to the conditions of the Mutual Responsibility Contract requirements, the requirements for continued eligibility include, but are not limited to:
Enrolling in a minimum of 12 units at Santa Ana College each semester (Fall and Spring);
Completing 2 EOPS counseling contacts and 1 early scheduling contact or workshop with an EOPS counselor each semester (Fall and Spring); and
Enrolling in and completing the Study Skills 109 (or Study Skills 091) course by the end of the first year in EOPS.