What is Puente Program?
The Puente Program is an academic preparation program whose mission is to increase the number of disadvantaged students who enroll in four-year colleges and universities, earn college degrees, and return to the community as mentors and leaders of future generations.
Space is limited to approximately 30 students per academic year
- Be eligible to enroll in two consecutive writing classes, English 061 (Fall) and English 101 (Spring)
- Commit to a full year of English and Counseling
- Be interested in transferring to a 4-year college/university
- Participate in all out-of-class Puente activities
- Personal guidance and orientation in exploring career options, developing an educational plan, and identifying life goals
- Guaranteed classes in English and Counseling
- Field trips to colleges and universities
- Field trips to cultural events
- Guest speakers
- interact with mentors from the professional community