Each student will do his or her own work in all test-taking situations, including exams, quizzes, lab skills assessments, and verbal comprehension activities. All lab exercises, homework assignments, and extra credit opportunities will be completed individually, unless assigned as a group activity.
Any student who plagiarizes material or copies the work of another student is guilty of cheating. Any student who allows his or her work to be copied, whether intentionally or not, is also guilty of cheating.
Any student who cheats or attempts to cheat will receive a grade of ZERO / NO CREDIT for that activity.
Any student whose behavior enables cheating will also receive a grade of ZERO / NO CREDIT.
The instructor will complete and file an Honesty Policy Violation for each student involved in the cheating.
Any student who has previously received an Honesty Policy Violation will earn a semester grade of F, if a second instance of cheating or attempted cheating occurs in any Pharmacy Technology course.
To ensure that each student has the same opportunity for success, the following guidelines apply to all test-taking situations:
1. Students will place all personal items (backpacks, books, purses, etc.) on the front or side counters or floor before testing begins.
2. Students will sit in the seats assigned to them on the seating chart, if the instructor uses a seating chart.
3. Once testing begins, students will remain in the classroom. Students who leave the classroom may NOT be allowed to return to complete a test in progress, at the discretion of the instructor.
4. Students must do their own work at all times. Students must keep their eyes on their own papers. Students must shield their papers to prevent them from being visible to other students.
5. Calculators: Students may only use basic function calculators during testing; calculators with extensive memories will not be allowed. Calculators may not be shared between students. All calculators must be taken out of their cases prior to testing. If your calculator has a fixed case, the instructor may inspect it prior to or during testing.
6. Students are responsible for the cleanliness of their persons and surroundings. ANY writing on bodies, clothing, tabletops, etc., will be considered an attempt to cheat.
7. No talking is allowed during testing, unless the instructor indicates otherwise. Do not repeat the instructor’s words out loud, even to yourself.
8. Students who complete a quiz or exam before the time limit will leave the classroom, unless otherwise instructed.
9. When the time limit is called, students must turn in their papers immediately. Students who continue to work after the time limit is called will have points deducted from their score, up to the full value of the test.