In order to comply with all state of California regulations, the OTA program is making a change to the Application/Admission process; but the prerequisite courses have not changed.
Effective 10/8/2013 the new process will be as follows:
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM JUNE 16, 2014 - SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 for the Spring and Fall 2015 Semesters
-Your application must include:
- Official transcripts showing a grade of "C" or better in the 4 prerequisite courses
- English - Equivalent to freshman composition with a research paper
- Communications - Interpersonal Communication, Public speaking, Argumentation and Debate, or Group Dynamics
- Psychology - Introduction or General Psychology
- Anatomy & Physiology - Must be a minimum of 4 units with a lab that covers all body systems (also must be taken within the last 10 years). This can be taken as a combined course or separately. If the course is a part of a multiple semester series such as part I/part II or A and B; you must take both parts. See equivalent A&P courses.
- Level III Math Placement Score (unless student holds a Bachelor's degree or has completed Intermediate Algebra or higher with a grade of "C" or better.) If you have completed a math course to satisfy this requirement you must include the official transcript.
-Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to the student.
-All students with completed applications will be accepted into the OTA program.
-All students who are accepted into the program will be entered into an unbiased random selection process to determine their position on the waitlist to start the program. Applications will not be accepted on a first come, first served basis!
-Students will be notified of their placement on the waitlist via email by November 2014.
-Once students have been accepted into the program the following information will need to be provided:
- Background check via CertifiedBackground.com
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certifcation from the American Heart Association
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Medical Immunizations
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Hepatitis B
- TB Skin Test
- Completed DTP (Tdap) Series
- Influenze Shot or Declination
- Report of Medical Screening
Please note: It is the students responsibility to maintain a current email address with the OTA office as this is our primary method of contact with waitlisted students.